From the press release…
A new menace has emerged in Brightholme! Sanctum 2: Ruins of Brightholme, the second of four major DLC expansion packs for the innovative tower-defense and first-person shooter hybrid, is now available today on Steam for PC. From the acclaimed indie development team Coffee Stain Studios, Sanctum 2: Ruins of Brightholme brings players to the rough streets of “The Slums” where grittier improvised weapons, maps with awesome interactive trigger events, and dangerous “infected” enemies are some of the incredible features packed in this DLC expansion update.
Ruins of Brightholme DLC Key Features:
- Stop The Horde of Infected – Infected explorers shamble recklessly toward players with mutant-like regenerative abilities and powerful melee attacks. Watch out for annoying Jumper creatures that can clear walls and towers with a single bound.
- Lethal Improvised Weaponry – Take apart enemies invading the Slums with two “tool-inspired” weapons: the Nail Gun and Circle Saw. The Nail Gun fires highly damaging industrial nails while the Circle Saw delivers deadly decapitating melee attacks.
- Bigger, Badder Interactive Levels – The popular interactive map elements of the first expansion pack get bigger in Ruins of Brightholme. Four new playable maps will feature trigger events such as explosive traps and rising toxic liquid areas, challenging players to adapt their tower defense designs around these elements.
- Two Added Defense Towers – Sharp Rupture Mines clasp on to enemies and continue to cause damage to enemies based on the speed and distance they travel, while the unusually random Makeshift Tower can fire with critical damage or shutdown at any time.
- Powerful Perks – Take advantage of these seven new perks:
- Bloodletter – Kill 4 enemies to increase damage by 100% for a 3 second duration.
- Collateral Damage – Kill an enemy to increase damage for a few seconds; kill more enemies to further increase damage effects.
- Desperate Measure – Nearby enemies are punished by taking fire damage as they attack players.
- Explosive Exchange – When a player switches weapons, an explosive energy field is discharged.
- Long Range Superiority – The farther away a player is from an enemy, the greater the damage.
- Parthian Tactics – Players move faster and do more damage when at full health.
- Thor Module – A shockwave is emitted each time a tower kills an enemy.
- Rank Cap Level – The level cap for the player is increased by 5.
Combining key gameplay elements of tower-defense and first-person shooter genres, Sanctum 2 players take on the role of an elite soldier whose mission is to protect the oxygen-producing Cores from hordes of deadly aliens who are threatened by their very existence. Players set up defensive towers to take out the waves of attacking enemies and then jump head-on into the fray, either alone or as part of a squad in four-player co-op multiplayer.
The Sanctum 2: Ruins of Brightholme DLC expansion pack is now available on PC via Steam for $3.99. With more expansive DLC updates coming in the very near future, fans can also take advantage of the Sanctum 2 Season Pass for $11.99.
Sanctum 2 is now available for $14.99 on PC and the suggested price point of 1,200 Microsoft Points on Xbox LIVE®. The game will also be available on PlayStation®Network starting September 10 for $14.99.